Monday, November 22, 2010

Cyndi sent you a message on Facebook...

Between You and Cyndi Axxxxxx Rxxxxxxx

Subject: Deep Fried Turkey

Cyndi Axxxxx Rxxxxxxx
November 22 at 6:04pm
Do you have a good deep fried turkey recipe? I want to inject it, but dont really love the store bought kind...wondering if you have some magic up your sleeve...

I am gonna come up there one of these days, I will let you know. I would love to try your restaurant!

Happy Thanksgiving!
CC


Scooter Salvatierra
November 22 at 10:12pm

my parents have done fried turkeys a few times, but i'm more of a purist so i can't say that i've done it myself. i don't really have a recipe for you, but...

in culinary school, i had a chef who once told me that he injected a turkey with a special solution before frying it. he said that he took some duck fat and heated it up with rosemary (to release the rosemary oils). then he took two parts of the rosemary infused duck fat, two parts of rendered bacon fat, and one part simple brine... shook it up while it was still warm to kind of emulsify everything, and then injected it into the bird.

let me know what you end up doing and how it all turns out.
scooter

No comments:

Post a Comment